Green & Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced on Diepsak farm which is situated alongside the Breede River in the Scherpenheuwel Valley – until recently an undiscovered and richly fertile tract of land that yields premium fruit. The farm was established in 1999 and spans 100 hectares of which 20 hectares are planted with a variety of olive trees.
Our olives are pressed within 24 hours of picking and the oil is cold-extracted, filtered and stored at a constant temperature. This is a completely natural process with no additives or preservatives. The oil is normally blended from succulent Frantoio, Leccino and Coratina olives, which give it its distinct taste and exquisite colour. Our environmentally-friendly box comes with its own easy to pour non-drip tap. This type of packaging keeps out light and air and so keeps the olive oil fresher for longer.
For every Litre of oil sold on our website, Green & Gold Olive Oil donates R2 to Tag Rugby® Association’s Adopt-a-school programme. The programme is run at our local primary school in Scherpenheuwel and in another school nearby.
Adopt a School Programme https://youtu.be/aRWax4KiqTM
We are a member of the South African Olive Industry Association and as such our labelling is honest and transparent. We are committed to the standards set in the South African Olive Codes of Practice which are based on international standards.
Oryx Hut on Breede
Oryx Hut offers totally private accommodation right on the river edge. This is a magic spot on the Breede River for nature lover looking for a break from the city.
Olive Oil Times
The world's #1 source for the latest olive oil news and information including health and nutrition, cooking with olive oil and reviews.
If you are on our site it means that you like great Olive Oil. Visit Quaffee.com for an equally great product.
SA Olive is an association representing the interests of the South African olive industry. SA Olive members consist of olive growers, olive oil producers, table olive producers, tree nurseries and olive importers.
Having regularly been recognised at the South African Olive Oil awards, with gold, silver and bronze certifications, Green & Gold is suitably respected as a premium extra virgin olive oil.
- 2018 – Gold Award in the SA Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Delicate Category
- 2018 – Bronze Award in the SA Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Medium Category
- 2017 – Silver Award in the SA Olive Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Medium Category
- 2017 – Gold Award in the SA Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Medium Category
- 2016 – Silver Award in the SA Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Medium Category
- 2013 – Silver Award in the SA Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Medium Category
- 2011 – Gold Award in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Medium Category. Bronze Award in the Delicate Category
- 2010 – Gold Award in the SA Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Commercial Class – Medium Category. Silver Award in the Intense Category
- 2009 – Gold Award in the SA Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition – Boutique Class – Medium Category.
Green & Gold produces premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The Green & Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil is primarily blended from succulent frantoio, leccino and coratina olives, this oil has a distinct taste and exquisite colour. The oil is cold extracted to ensure that the maximum flavour is retained.
Importantly, the unique packaging prevents the oil from being exposed to light and air which means the full flavour and nutrient value are retained for even longer down to the last drop.
Available in 1 litre and 2 litre cartons.